Saturday, March 19, 2011

Brickyard Pizzeria

A couple of friends and I got together for dinner and a movie last night, so I got a break from cooking!  I gave the kids some Quorn nuggets, strawberries, and carrots.  I think John made himself some pasta and a ham sandwich.

The ladies and I ordered pizza from a place we hadn't tried before called Brickyard Pizzeria.  My family has really not found "our" pizza place in Tallahassee yet, so I was excited to see if this could be a candidate (even though it isn't close to our house).  The place smelled amazing, and I noticed that they also serve many other Italian dishes.  We ordered a white pizza with spinach and tomatoes, a Hawaiian pizza, and a simple pepperoni to carry out.

The pizza was ok... definitely better than the chains.  There were a lot of appealing choices for toppings, and they seemed to be good quality as well.  But the crust was a little gummy, and I wish the cheese had been balanced with more sauce.  I'd still be interested in going there to sit down and try something other than pizza.

Score: 6/10

No comments: